Industry-leading innovation and automation.
We don’t just do things differently. We do them better.
SMW Group is continually looking forward. We invest in cutting-edge technology and equipment, so you get the benefits of innovation, cost savings and productivity gains.
We have what it takes to get any heavy fabrication project done well and on time.
We understand the importance of investing in innovation, for our own company and our clients.
SMW Group invests in state-of-the-art, industry-leading equipment to support our goal of being “faster, smarter and more efficient.”
Doing so has seen our company grow during some of the mining industry’s toughest years. We’re proud to say our commitment to innovation is rewarded by clients who return to us time and time again and we’ve grown from a small team to more than 300, since we began in 2000.
We’re also equally proud to be the 2014 Queensland Mining Contractor of the Year, recognised by our peers as leading the way in mining industry innovation.
How do we help save money and increase productivity? Here’s some examples:
- Our PCAW Robot automation capabilities automate plasma cutting, save on labour costs, and reduce project duration by 60%.
- Our full-project approach to any job means we focus on the details that eliminate wastage.
- Our undercover facilities are large enough to comfortably fit 12 dragline buckets, excavator buckets or rear dump trays in different stages of repair. That’s less waiting for your job to get done.
- Our Rockhampton location means SMW can readily service the Southern and Central Bowen Basin. That results in reduced costs in transport and more efficient return times.
- We can perform a full fleet refurbishment in Rockhampton for lower costs than Emerald or Mackay, without compromising on safety.
- And, we’re the only Central Queensland engineering and heavy fabrication facility licensed to operate around the clock, 24/7, 365 days a year.