Trust SMW Group’s experienced teams to deliver any construction job from concreting to civil, structural steel fabrication and erection or mechanical fit-out.
Extensive Design, Fabrication and Installation Capacity
With over two decades of growth, we’re experienced, award-winning leaders in total project management, operating two advanced workshop facilities for fabrication and manufacturing.
Over time we’ve built excellent long-term relationships with key clients. But we know our reputation is only as good as our last job, so we commit to continuous improvement and unbending quality standards. We’ve successfully executed projects up to $5 million value that include:
● Full design
● Fabrication and finishing to pre-set
● Transport and on-site installation and painting
● Commissioning and ongoing maintenance
Using industry-leading technology and tooling, we’ll save you time and money with smart, innovative design and quality manufacturing.
Some recent major projects have included:
● 48 steel buildings for a training facility
● Upgrades and extensions to wash plant facilities
● Prototype design, manufacture and installation
● Full minerals processing plant including conveyors (delivered to WA)
● Greenfield mining workshops and sheds
● Commercial warehouses and large construction projects
● Civil infrastructure projects for local, state and federal governments
SMW Group’s FARO Focus 3D X330 scanner enables us to capture accurate and detailed damage and wear records.
Our engineers build a detailed point cloud and working model of any component, installation or environment. Then our manufacturing and construction teams use the data to design and custom-manufacture steelwork and components with 100% accuracy.
Delivering superior construction and upgrades
We use 3D Scanning to design:
• Safe access platforms with specific reference to the infrastructure
• Small access stairs
• Large platforms, catwalks and multi-storey structures
We have personnel with the necessary tickets and competencies, (including site inductions) ready to mobilise. Accustomed to high degrees of flexibility, our people can adapt to working with your teams anywhere, maintaining both your quality systems and ours.
Our field teams are backed up by our corporate head office and fabrication workshops in Rockhampton and Mackay, along with an experienced team of designers, engineers, product support and management.
Abrasive Blasting and Painting
We’ll finish your components to professional standards in our undercover 1,100m2 facility at Parkhurst. We can meet and exceed the most stringent requirements, ensuring your plant remains protected and functional for the longest time possible. All work is inspected by our in-house accredited paint inspector, as part of our quality assurance process.