May 25, 2020
CQ’s one vendor solution for Heavy Mobile Equipment Overhauls
In Central Queensland, SMW Group delivers the complete package for heavy mobile equipment overhauls.
We can take a project from innovative engineering-led design through to project management and delivery, full-service fabrication and mechanical workshops in-house abrasive blasting and painting, plus long-term servicing and maintenance.
HME overhaul capabilities
· In-house design and engineering to improve durability and wear
· Mechanical rebuilds and overhauls
· Fabrication of any necessary components to OEM and recommissioning standard
· Full in-house abrasive blasting and paint capabilities
· Rockhampton and Mackay workshops are in close proximity to the Bowen Basin
· Robotic welding and Ultralift, SMW’s proprietary crane eliminator, mean our overhauls are completed quickly and cost-efficiently
· Ongoing product support
We’ve been working on a few exciting heavy mobile equipment projects in our Parkhurst workshop over the past few months – here’s a preview:
This water tank came to us for a full mechanical rebuild and overhaul. Our workshop completely disassembled the vehicle using our Ultralift crane solution, then completed a full mechanical overhaul in our mechanical workshop, as well as fabrication repairs. It finished its journey with a complete re-paint on site, before heading back out to the Bowen Basin.
This D11 Dozer required a full mechanical rebuild and re-paint – all completed in-house at our Parkhurst workshop.
Not only did SMW Group complete a full mechanical rebuild on this grader, we fabricated several new components and re-painted it on site.
As part of a full fleet project, this Kress Hauler had a complete end to end overhaul. This included:
· An engine rebuild
· Rewiring and electrical upgrades
· Mechanical repairs
· Abrasive blast and re-paint
Interested in more information? See our HME Overhaul Capability Outline.